Destiny's Child ... Meeting Justice Shri P N Bhagwati

I am special ... not because I possess some great skills but because I have been fortunate enough to have met and interacted with some well-known personalities throughout my college life. It is very rarely that you get to meet the best people from the field and even get a chance to hear them speak.

As a student of media, we met some famous media personalities during the course of our curriculum. We met and had an hour long chat with CNN IBN's film critic 'Rajeev Masand' who enriched us with his knowledge in cinema. We got to listen to Chetan Bhagat when he was in city for the promotion of his film. And having read all his books I listened to him in anticipation and with enthusiasm. Then we met some journalists and anchors like Pankaj Pachauri from NDTV and saw him conducting a live election debate program. It was a fascinating new world to meet all these personalities and to me they seem untouched for some time but when you actually see them talk, see them made of flesh and blood...it dawns upon you that they are as normal people leading daily lives as you do.

I had the opportunity of listening to Lord Bhiku Parekh not once but twice and I could just imagine what a pool of knowledge he held. I had the honour of being felicitated by former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India Shri P N Bhagwati! I had imagined before I saw him that he would be some middle aged person, stout and strong ... that is the usual image of a judge that we have in our mind. But I was amazed when I saw him. He was of short height, frail and very old...88 years of age and had done pioneering work in the filed of laws related to human rights. He, at this age had the capacity to travel extensively, was a part of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights of the UN and spoke wonderfully!

I felt humbled to having been felicitated by such a great personality. The most important and valuable lesson I learnt is that to achieve success and great heights, all you need is character and determination! How you look, what is your height, weight, whether you are beautiful or ugly...all this is immaterial. Just set targets, honesty of efforts and diligence! And success is all yours! Go get it!

Comments

Popular Posts