I am a question mark ???

There is a saying which goes like this: "He who ask a question is a fool for five minutes...he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever"!!!

I think this is true. There is one symbol that I can identify myself the most with and it is "?" I am those inquisitive and curious creatures who are just not satisfied with plain statements. I have to put a question forward for further clarification. I learnt about the Five Ws and One H in Journalism. And that motivated me to question everything that came across me. Things are not so simple in this complicated world. They can't be taken straight on the face and just as they come. You have to keep raising questions. This does not mean that you are stupid/dumb or you can not comprehend things. It only means that you have been able to build your thought process about the information that is coming your way. Hence, I feel that asking questions is an important part of personality building. It tickles your mind and keeps you thinking about the where and what of anything.

I always have been someone, who likes to pose questions anywhere I go. Be it school, college or even home. But sadly, our education system is such that it does not encourage the inquisitive streak in students. Rather, teachers are happy if students do not raise any questions. They are content with the monologue of teaching and lectures that they impart. And students who try to dig deeper and have the guts to ask questions are considered as irritants in class. I have witnessed how teachers grumble when they have to face questions. Many students are made to feel as deviants when they ask questions. The whole class casts its eyes upon such students. I remember being looked at it with suspicious eyes when I opened my mouth to ask any question in class.

Not that I am advocating questions. Only if you have one, ask it. Otherwise keep mum. I am all for sensible questions...not for the stupid and just for the sake ones. So, if you have a question then go ahead and ask it. Because only questions can ignite minds, only questions can foster revolutions and only questions can build the base for a better and more accountable world.

Comments

Popular Posts