Dil tu kyu rota hai ...

I am a self-confessed movie addict. Movies just draw me towards them. And almost every week i end up being a patron of Inox with my husband, who earlier was least interested in watching movies. So together we tagged along to watch another movie. Least did I know that I was going to love the movie. (My friends have termed me as nuts for liking any movie that is running at the theatre). So we went to watch 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara' which is kind of a philosophical title for a film. But true also. I had expected the movie to be kinda 'Dil Chahta Hai' types, going by the reviews. It truly surprised me and after watching so many movies in the recent past, I, after a long time, came out smiling from the theatre. Mainly because I could relate with the movie and its characters.

The story is extremely simple. Three friends out to have fun in the islands of Spain. A country which Bollywood is exploring for the first time. It is a beautiful country and as picturesque as Switzerland where we had recently been. The amazing thing about the trip that the friends undertake is that they explore the place on their will, in cars, on foot, soaking in the local cuisine and culture of the country. How many of us as tourists dare to do that? The kind of chemistry that has been shown between the three friends is something that will remind you of your own friends, the masti and the pranks played in college! The simplest thing about the film yet the most touching aspect is each charater's coming to terms with some problems in his life...Kabir's marriage, Arjun's money-mindedness and Imran's past.

At some point of time in our lives too, we are facing the crossroads. We do not know what decision should be taken. Our friends and our inner self become our biggest support during these times. A film is nothing if it cannot convey emotions. Hrithik's face when he emerges out of water, Imran's poetry and kabir's denial of unhappiness over his impending marriage .... all look so real.

I loved the movie because it told me to just be what I am and come to terms with whatever life is offering to me!

Some lines of Imran's poetry which touched my heart:

Jab jab dard ka baadal chaya
Jab ghum ka saya lehraya
Jab aansoo palkon tak aya
Jab yeh tanha dil ghabraya

Humne dil ko yeh samjhaya
...Dil aakhir tu kyun rota hai

Duniya mein yunhi hota hai

Yeh jo gehre sannate hain
Waqt ne sabko hi baante hain

Thoda ghum hai sabka qissa
Thodi dhoop hai sabka hissa
Aankh teri bekaar hi nam hai
Har pal ek naya mausam hai
Kyun tu aise pal khota hai

Dil aakhir tu kyun rota hai...

Comments

Popular Posts