That House ... My Home

It was a beautiful house,
It was a wonderful home...
Somewhere in the corner of a lane,
It stood like a dream.

I stayed there for years together,
Just to leave it one fine day..
Today it has left memories
Fond and Sweet...

A big gate and a lush garden,
Welcomed me everyday
As I entered my home,
It gave me the warmth of a sunny day.

I used to roam here and there
Laughing and shouting in the midst of space,
With near and dear ones...
That house became my home

I talked with walls,
Felt and experienced belongingness,
Every corner that i treaded into...
Became a world that was my own.

I rushed up and down
Roamed here and there
The comfort that it gave me ...
Still lingers on...

Today, as I remember it and miss it,
I feel it was heaven
For homes are made not by bricks,
But by angels!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting wounded souls in Pinjar

To Be or Not to Be ... Natsamrat

Where is the real working woman in our TV soaps?